Thursday, February 25, 2010

Introducing Our Featured Artist for Feb. 26!

Hello everyone!! Yes, it's Friday already, this week went super fast! It's time again for our talented featured artist! Today I honored to share an artist who has an amazing style and is quite well known in the scrapbook industry ... and is a friend. I get to work with her on Pebbles Inc and have seen lots of amazing project done for the Pebbles blog! She does amazing work so don't forget to check out her gallery. It's time to get to know our featured artist, Susan Dupre!

I studied interior design back in 1995, the first time I lived in London, England. After getting my feet wet in the industry, I opened my own business. I soon found I was attracted to every style of design out there. In 2004 and in London for a second time, I gave birth my little guy Hayden. After procrastinating three years after his birth and having put interior design on hold for a while, I decided it was time to start scrapping my little boy's life. I was in San Francisco visiting a friend, and I stopped into a scrap store. I bought a few things planning to start "that baby book" soon. I remember checking online, and I found a site called scrapbook.com. I immediately got involved in challenges to help me learn. This was in March of 2007. I have never looked back. I never dreamed it would become all that it is for me today. My hubby actually hates it when I say I actually love scrapping more than interior design. Since then I have only grown as an artist, and I have been so fortunate to have been published and to be on mfg. design teams. My style and tastes in scrapbooking is just the same as interior design. I love it all - from vintage, fun and funky, edgy to clean and simple. I can't begin to tell you just how many wonderful friends I have made out there too who are fellow artists. What a pleasure it has been to have meet several of them in person, and what an honor it is to be asked to be a guest for this site. Thank you Pam.


Here is her fabulous blog: http://www.scrappysusandupre.com/
And her beautiful gallery: ScrappySusan

Check back in a few minutes because she is sharing not only a sketch but also a technique! You will love it ;)

2 comments: