Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Sketch and Page Ideas by Lisa!

Have you ever looked at a sketch and thought…Hum? I see something different? Well, that is what I saw in my very first computer sketch made specifically for Pam Callaghan’s “Ideas for Scrapbookers”.
I made it using circles and you can interpret it any way you want! Therefore, personalize any holiday or occasion with this simple sketch. Made by you! Enjoy!

Here is the sketch:



First example:


I used the basic template but then added flowers, coins and clovers for a St. Patrick’s Day layout. The clovers are very easy to make if you can’t find any…just cut or punch out 3 hearts, chalk the edges and glue together.

To create the journaling on the little tag, I first created the tag and measured it with a ruler. Next, I picked my font on Microsoft word, changed the ruler size, typed in my journaling, and printed it on typing paper. I adhered the tag to the paper at the exact spot the text was with removable adhesive. Lastly, I printed again, but this time onto the tag. This technique ensures placement and you can see exactly where the journaling will be. It also saves on many cardstock mistakes.

Second Example:


I used lots of stars in different papers for this layout. I also used pop dots to give this layout a 3-d effect. Instead of printing on the paper I just printed words out on white cardstock. I cut them to fit on some of the stars to bring out the white off the matting of photos. The journaling is the same technique described above, except I used a 4x6 index card and cut it to the size I wanted.


(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT LISA)


3 comments:

  1. The sketch kinda intimidated me at first, but after seeing the fabulous layouts I think I'll just have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the layouts are just gorgeous! I really love the coin accents on the top one. Neat touch!

    ReplyDelete