Friday, March 5, 2010

Creating a Fabric Flower by Nancy K.!

Even though I don’t sew, I have bunches of fabric gifted to me from friends and family that do. I have been seeing fabric flowers around lately and decided I wanted to give them a try. Even for someone with no sewing abilities whatsoever, they were super quick and easy to make.



I started with a 2 inch circle piece of chipboard, a 1 yd by ¼ inch scrap of muslin, a brad and some Elmer’s glue



I began by tying a quick little knot at the top of the fabric



Next came the messy part. I placed glue onto the center of the chipboard and began to wrap the muslin around itself forming the flower shape, adding more glue as necessary.



When I ran out of fabric, I stopped and waited for my glue to dry. Then I trimmed the chipboard to match.



After trimming I used my paper piercer to poke a hole thru the center of my flower so that I could add a brad. You could use buttons, jewels, flower centers.



Since I had used plain muslin and wanted a colored flower I used some Maya Mists.



and added my brad.

I made more out of different fabrics using 1 yard for a 2 inch flower and less for a smaller flower. The smallest flowers were made with about 12 inches.



(CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT NANCY)


5 comments:

  1. fabulous fabric flowers and I love love your layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Tutorials category today [05 Mar 01:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and it looks so easy! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really awesome layout, and I LOVED your tutorial N! Thanks for the inspiration chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will have to try this. THanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete