Friday, March 26, 2010

Introducing Our Featured Artist for March 26!

Glad it's Friday, how about you? I am sharing a friend and fabulous scrapbooker today for the featured artist. I really like how she always makes her pages unique and fun! You can see this by checking out her beautiful gallery here. It's always neat the friendships you make online and so I asked her to be a featured artist! I know you are going to love her idea today, so let's get to know Marlene!



I live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and I am the mother of two adults. My son currently is stationed in Nicaragua serving in the Peace Corps. My daughter goes to the local college and should finish next spring. I work as an administrative assistant, my husband and I hope to both be retired by 2011. Most of my life I have dabbled in this and that to find a creative outlet, about 8 years ago I discovered scrapbooking. I am a multi-media kind of scrapper and continue to learn new techniques and improve my craft. Like many others, my most frequent subject matter is my family and recently I have been documenting the stories of my children as they were growing up. I like to write and enjoy telling stories in my pages but sometimes let the picture say it all. I don’t claim to have any particular style and scrap whatever catches my fancy, I might choose a photo from 20 years ago or one from yesterday. The closest scrapbook store being a three hour drive is a huge motivating factor for making my own embellishments and creating patterned paper. I enjoy all aspects of scrapping so I don’t mind improvising a bit.

Here is her fabulous gallery again: Scrap4brains

Check back in a bit for a fabulous idea and technique from Marlene!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great pick for featured artist Pammy! I always love Marlene's layouts!

    ReplyDelete