Thursday, May 6, 2010

Introducing Our Featured Artist for May 7!

Happy Friday and I am glad you came back to see who our featured artist is! Today, I am featuring a scrapbooker that I have known for a while on scrapbook.com (I meet a lot of great people on there, you should check it out if you haven't already)! She has SUCH a cool style!! I love how unique every one of her pages is. To know what I am talking about, check out her gallery here. I am so happy to be able to feature her today! Get ready for some major inspiration today from her :) Now, let's go to know Heather ...



I am so excited and thrilled that Pam has asked me to contribute to her blog and humbled to be among so many awesome artists.

I am originally from Northern Ireland and now live in Alaska so I've lived in two of the most beautiful spots in the world. Dan and I have been married for 13 years and we have tween son Nathan, almost 12 (who is totally camera phobic) and a daughter Lauren, almost 10 (who immediately swings into pose mood when a camera appears). We have two beautiful Chesapeake Bay retrievers and 3 cats (though we'd love more). We love to travel, hike and fish (well, I love to read while they fish). I also love to take photographs,play raquetball and cycle.

I've been scrapping for about 6 years. I mainly paper scrap but dabble a little in digital and love to make cards. I guess I'm a bit of a rebel since I really try not to follow trends too closely and really like to make my pages look a little bit different from the norm. However, I do have a hard time totally breaking loose for freestyle. I love to focus on the photos and add a little journaling. My favorite style is bold and graphic , my fav techniques are photo editing and stitching, I love to cluster large groups of one embellishment to make a statement. I find it very hard to turn down a challenge and I get inspiration from the nature around me, my kids and all the wonderful scrapping websites that I visit.

Don't forget to visit Heather's gallery here: Scrapping_in_AK
And her fabulous blog: http://scrappininak.wordpress.com/

Check back in a few for some COOl ideas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment