Thursday, August 19, 2010

Introducing Our Featured Artist for August 20th!

Hello again and hope you are having a great Friday! I am sharing some great talent with you today! I am so thankful for the amazing featured artists I have for the blog. Our featured artist has a lovely shabby chic feeling to her work. She loves to use techniques and it shows in her pages. She has an amazing blog with her tutorials (like how to make paper flowers) and many more project ideas! You can check it out here (make sure you visit for lots of ideas). Let's get to know our featured artist, Vicky A.!



Two years ago after having my daughter, I decided not to return to a corporate marketing job so I could raise my three young children. After 10 years in the marketing industry, scrapbooking was a natural extension of my work world to fill a creative void. I currently am on the Scrap That! kit design team as a layout artist, and their DT/Kit Coordinator. I also teach layout and flower technique classes at a local scrap shop in Alberta, Canada. I am a self proclaimed paper punch junkie and my scrap style lies somewhere between classic and shabby chic. Aside from punches... lace, flowers and Distress Stickles are what I tend to embellish my layouts with the most. My blog address is http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.com and I am working on building an Etsy shop (listed under my full name vickyalberto at http://www.etsy.com/shop/vickyalberto) full of reasonably priced embellishment kits full of - GUESS? - lace, chipboard, bling, flowers and acid-free paper doilies - just to name a few items. I am so pleased to be able to share (and gain) creativity inspiration and scrappy products through the wonderful thing I used to curse... the Internet. Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am a walking technology phobic with a terrible sense of direction = GPS nightmare, LOL. I'd rather stay home and play with paper and my kids than do anything else (well, vacations are an exception - tour guide a must!).

Check back in a few for her fabulous tutorial!


No comments:

Post a Comment