Thursday, November 18, 2010

Its Clear To See, I Love Acrylic Albums!

I am a fan of mini albums in general but I love Acrylic Albums.  Here are some of the reasons I like them so much.

* They are tough and sturdy!
* They are perfect for capturing pictures from a single event or a theme.
*They look beautiful out on display (I like to put mine a shelf or propped up on a plate holder)
*You will use very little paper to complete the album!
*My favorite thing is using rub-ons on them! You can put a rub-on on and and the design shows though on both sides.  Keep in mind you can not use words as it will appear in reverse on the other side.

Here are 3 albums I have created.   The Family Album is from ScrapWorks and I used this 8 page (16 front/back) to create a keepsake of a photo shoot with my husband family.

 This was a FUN album to make. Its an acrylic tag album by ScrapWorks.  I had some great pictures of our trip to see a Pirate Battle and I wanted my son to be able to look at these when ever he wanted to so the acrylic album was perfect!   You can see on the photo below how the skull would show up on both sides of the page.  its also fun to add ribbon and things to the binder rings of these albums. I had left over gold coin ribbon from my sons Halloween costume, it was a perfect touch to the album!






 This album is a spin off of the 'December Daily' Album idea, I am using my "Daily Dose" album to keep tack of things that make me happy for 30 days! (If you would like to see more about this idea check out my blog)  I have created my own acrylic album out of acrylic cards! My cards were 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 and I cut each of them a part and punched holes for the binder rings.  I also added pages I made from card stock because I need more pages than I had cards and this worked out great!  I used paint on the back side my font cover to add some extra color to bring out my title.  I also added a rub-on bingo card to the front side of my cover. Acrylic albums are great for layering!




I hope I have you thinking what you can create with acrylic albums! Maybe a nice gift for someone or a personal keepsake to display in your home! Be creative!



2 comments:

  1. great mimi albums! love the idea for a 'things that make me happy' album - very theraputic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your albums! Particularly the "Live Happy" one. It's always good to be reminded of that!!!

    ReplyDelete