Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Door and Wreath Tutorial

Hi Ladies,

Im here today to share a quick Christmas card to make if you haven't started or finished them yet this year! Like me!!! lol...I have seen these around some sites and well this is my version of how to make these fabulous, fast christmas doors with wreaths.
First, I cut 2 (2x2) white paper squares and 2 (2x4) white paper rectangles for my standard white
5 x 6 1/2 card that can be bought in bulk at your local Michael's store..pks of 50 for 10.00....or if you have a coupon even better! I then distressed the squares to give it a bit dimension.



Secondly, the most important part is to have a branch punch. It is approximately 1 1/4 inches. You can use any clear glue and cut out a circle 2 1/2 inches. Punch out several pieces on branches in green cardstock.


Thirdly, you just layer the branches back and forth in and out of the circle till you go all the way around.


Lastly, you glue down the white panels of the door and using pop dots behind the wreath to give it more dimension. Fluff up the branches and add embellishments. I added a old bell, red ribbon, flower soft and a brad for the door knob. EASY and It really looks like you put a lot of work into this....should take about 30-45 minutes to make :)

Hope you enjoyed!



5 comments:

  1. that is adorable! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I've been seeing these everywhere- I love your version!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the layered wreath! This is such a cool tutorial. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete