Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Heather's Sketch 5 (Designers' Showcase)

Hi everyone! It's Heather again, and I'm back to share another sketch/template with you. This is sketch #5. I know, I've posted them out of order but you're in for a treat! I finished this sketch a few months ago and sent it out to the ladies here at Ideas For Scrapbookers. They were kind enough to make some example pages so we could do a designers' showcase with a sketch. Please feel free to right click on the image below and then click on "Save As" to save the image to your computer for later use.


Nancy is sharing a very colorful and fun page. I love the way she changed the sketch to suit her photos and I think the title work on the couch embellishment is an inspired addition. The alphabet looks like eggs too! How perfect is that?


Cindy told me that my sketch was a lot busier than her usual style. I really admired how she used two colors and no patterned paper to calm the sketch down a bit. She really made it work within her comfort zone!


Dolores made a page with the layered digital template. I love how she tucked snowflakes into her design and her photography is really wonderful. Her color choices are perfect too!


I love the fact that Marlene used guest checks from a restaurant to do the journaling on her page about her son's cooking. She did a wonderful job incorporating cooking themed embellishments and I love the little boy die cut. 


Cathy's digital page about her collection of Christmas decorations really made me smile. I love the title and the greenery she tucked in next to it. The hanging ornaments totally finish it off. Such a pretty Christmas-themed layout!


I made two pages to share as well. This page is digital and I made it with Cosmo Cricket's Dear Mr. Claus collection. I really had fun with all of the different banner shapes that I put into this layered template.


Last but not least, this is the paper layout that inspired the sketch. I used a ton of scraps from one of my Scraptastic Club kits to create this page. I'm a very budget conscious scrapper and I always try to use as many scraps as I can!


Thank you to all of the girls who contributed to this post! I think it's great to see so many different takes on one design. 

If you're a digital scrapbooker, don't forget to grab the layered digital template that I created in Photoshop Elements! You can download it here...


or here...


If you create a page using my sketch or any of the sketches here on Ideas For Scrapbookers, feel free to email them to Pammy so we can feature you on the blog! 






11 comments:

  1. WOWEEE you all did so nicely. I love how each person's style is representative by sketch. Plus I adore the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so awesome. It's great to see everyone's take on the sketch. Amazing that we all started from the same point and yet made very unique and personal final designs. Wonderful inspiration. Thanks for the sketch Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love posts like this! It is so fun to see how each person interprets the sketch and makes it her own. Thanks for a fun sketch Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the different takes on the sketch. thanks heather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very entertaining subject, I will bookmark your website to check out if you publish more in the future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome template! When I try to download it, it says that I need a password??? I'd love to be able to download it. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BenzienGirl,

    You shouldn't need a password. I didn't password protect it. Make sure you're clicking on free or slow download and watch the countdown. When it's done you should be able to click on "download".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I run into the same problem. You click the link and it asks for a password. I would really love to use the template. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am also being asked for a password. I will check back becuase it is a really fun layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladies,

    I'm really sorry about all of the issues. I've edited the post above to add another download option from Box.net. Please email me at miraclesmommadesigns(AT)hotmail(DOT)com if you have any further issues. I'm not quite sure what's going on but I do know that I can email the individual template if it comes to that. Again, I apologize!

    ReplyDelete