Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lump of Coal Cookie Packaging

Hi, It’s been quite some time since I last had a post here…sorry. Last weekend, I went to my annual cookie exchange party and I knew exactly how I was going to wrap the cookies. Martha Stewart’s Gift Coal Boxes inspired me last year and I decided to make my version to accommodate the cookies.
First, the supplies:
6 inch Cookie Tins any color…I bought mine at the dollar store.
Black Cardstock
Black Glitter Cardstock….2 sheets at Target for 99 cents
Electrical Tape
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Fabric Starch
Glue
Ruler
Ribbon



Tags…I made mine with Cricut and Microsoft word



Second, cut 6 strips of black cardstock 2 ½ inches wide. Two of these pieces will be to wrap around the bottom of the tin. Glue them together. I also used foil and placed my cookies inside.




Third, crumble up the 4 pieces of black cardstock and tape it down with electrical tape on the lid.



Fourth, spray black glitter paper lightly on the OPPOSITE side of glitter paper with fabric starch and wipe off excess. DON’T over spray or it will rip the paper…..I made that mistake! Lol Then, wrap on top of the lid and crunch it up a bit. It dries super fast, no need to wait and no mess.



Lastly, add ribbon and tag. That’s it! I also added the recipe to the back of the tag. :)



Here is another view of your Lump of Coal.




Hope your enjoyed!

5 comments: