Sunday, June 3, 2012

Creating a Little Girl Layout

Hi it's Lesley here and today I am sharing a layout and how I went about creating it.


I have used a few different techniques with this layout.  Commencing with a clear white piece of cardstock I have used Pan Pastels to shade and tint the background.  Still experimenting with this wonderful new medium and tried out deeper shades this time, you can obtain such a lovely effect that I will continue to play and hopefully master this new technique.  I then sprayed it with a fixative to retain it and overlaid it with more white cardstock which has been cut around the edges on the Super 8 punch which I have edged in Lilac 'Stampin Up' ink.

I spotted the perfect floral paper in my LSS and cut a piece of that and have used MS punches on the top and bottom edges of that.  Down the side I have used the new Crafters Workshop negative image stamps, again with 'Stampin Up' light blue ink, love the way they look like you have drawn them.  The note sheet and flowers are Prima, the dove from Websters products, and the scrolls at the sides of the flowers are chippies.  I used another technique on these, I painted them with Gesso so I was able to dab the brush on it to create texture and then lightly used metallic rub ons over it to create just a hint of pink, this only adhered to the raised areas created by the Gesso....Enjoy.

Cheers and thank Lesley

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Such an awesome and pretty little girl layout! I love it - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful lay out Pam! What a cutie p-tutie you have there:)
    ♥Bev

    ReplyDelete