Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Designer Showcase: Old Supplies

Happy Wednesday!  For some of us that means the middle of the week, half done and half the week to go!  Cathy here with another Designer Showcase. This week we are serving up some projects that use older supplies.

If you are anything like me, you've got a drawer, or box, or shelf that has some of the papers, flowers, stickers, etc that you fell in love with and just "had" to have. But then, you were afraid to use them on a project because you didn't want to run out of them, or you wanted to make sure you used them for just the right page or card. Yeah - you know, that stash!


Lesley has this amazing page to share. The paper she used is a Basic Grey line. As Lesley put it, there was a time when she just had to "buy every line they put out".  Lesley scrapped a picture from when her daughter was younger.  I love the way she set the photo off against the strips of paper. The banner snipping of the edges really adds character to school theme of the layout as well.


Just as Lesley, I used to love to collect Cosmo Cricket papers. I still love to, but I tend to get the digital version more now.  Some times though, it's really fun to work with paper.  I've had this line sitting in my bin for several years, when I was making a card recently, I decided it would be best to use these papers and share their beauty with others. They really aren't getting their just due sitting in my box!


Even older than the Cosmo Cricket papers are the papers that I used for this card. Would you believe they are by Prima? Pretty bold and sassy for Prima, wouldn't you say?

Come on - you know you have some old lovelies stashed away! You're just like all the rest of us, hoarding all those beautiful papers and embellishments. Well, it's time to get them out and put them to good use!  Have fun using some old supplies. Besides, using them up creates all the more space to fill with newer supplies!


1 comment:

  1. I could scrap for the next 10 years with old supplies! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete