Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Scallops from Circles - A Fun Template!

Hi, Dolores here today to share putting some nice big scallops into your layouts.  Building layers on a page is easy when you use basic shapes and the circle shape can make beautiful scallops on any page.  I joined a few circles together to build some layered scallops on this page.  Here is my layout.


This cute little baby is the daughter of a friend and she is the happiest little girl.  It's a joy to do layouts with her pictures.  I created this page with a kit from Penny Springmann called Unwritten.  Here is the sketch of the page.


The layered scallops are simple joined circles.  The basic shapes are below.
The page used 2 pieces cut our of Part 1 and one piece cut out of Part 2.  Just stack the Part 1 pieces on the bottom and place Part 2 on top.  That's all there is to it. 

Don't forget to try rotating this sketch/template for an entirely different look.  I rotated the template  90 degrees clockwise and modified my photo frame to create the page below.


I didn't want to use 2 pictures here, so I moved my title to the lower left corner.  A template is just a starting point for all your creativity, so change it up to suit your needs!  This page was created with a beautiful kit called Indigo Nights by Jennifer Labre and Studio Flergs.  I just love the colors!

For our digital scrapbookers you can download the template from one of the two file sharing sites below:

4Shared:  ds-template-20.psd
MediaFrie:  ds-template-20.psd

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoy the sketch/template!


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love seeing the how the same sketch works so well when rotated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you knocked it out of the park, Dolores!! This is a great template!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dolores, what a lovely template. I like the rotated version with the square frame too! TFS.

    ReplyDelete