Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Designer Showcase: Banners

Can you believe it's the first Wednesday of February already?  Well here I am to share another Designer Showcase with you. Today we are looking at a hot trend in paper crafting, banners. I've heard some people refer to them as garlands.  Whether they are garlands or banners in your vocabulary, we've got a few projects to inspire you.


Sarah created this gorgeous tag. Take a look at those beautiful banner pendants that she used to accent the tag.  Each of them is distressed and inked. Which really adds to the vintage elegance of her tag.  She layered them to create the look of a skirt at the bottom of the tag.  The beautiful cherub, dainty flowers, ribbons and the precious pearl heart finish it off beautifully.  Sarah used the ScrapThat! February kit. This would make a great Valentine!


Cindy has a double page layout to share that has double banners!  To accent her July 4th page, she created a garland banner using stars across the top right.  But you could count her title area as a banner too. It reminds me of a ribbon banner. She cut pointed angles on the edges of the paper strip and placed this at the bottom of her photo block.  Great idea for highlighting the title!


Take at look at this beauty from Gael.  There's lots of pretty stuff on her page. Let's take a look at how she made her banner.  Each flag on her banner is made of 2 layered papers with a gem where the points meet.  Gael then rolled the top of each flag to create dimension.  She used a string of matching bling gems to help make it look even more like a continuous banner.  So chic!


On this digital page, I used a banner as part of my title.  It added a bit of interest to the area above the photo. It also helped tie in the sports theme of the page. Can you tell who my son's favorite football team is? He loves his Steelers.  The digital papers, banner, helmet, title and pennant were all made by me. The tape and foam finger is by Chelle's Creations (foam finger is recolored). The vintage football and watch are by Quirky Twerp.


This banner was made to give this page a bit of fun. I made this page using a photo from a trip to Hawaii. I wanted the page to have a summer time feel with a hint of whimsy.  The flip flops are hybrid. I used a digital kit by Stellajane Designs called Aloha Spirit.  The rest of the page uses plain cardstock by American Crafts and Bazzill.  Most of the shapes were cut on my Silhouette Cameo.  I used twine to create a clothesline for the banner of flip-flops. Tiny strips of paper serve as the clothespins.


Here's a little banner that I put on a card.  This is a hybrid card using the digital kit Howdy Ma'am by the DigiChick.  I cut the triangles for the banner and layered them. Then I put eyelets in the corners to thread the twine through and hung it on the card front.

These are just a few ways that you can use banners in your paper or digital scrapbooking and crafting.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects! I especially love the flip-flop banner - that's something I haven't seen before.

    ReplyDelete